Programs and services
We offer the following programs and services:
- Artwork and Objects Collections (including Oral History recordings, Photography and a Reference Library)
- Exhibitions and Public Programs
- Koorie Family History Service
- Cultural Education including programs designed specifically for schools and educators (such as professional development support for teachers), Building Aboriginal Cultural Competency training and guided walking tours
- shop KOORIE Gift Shop
We also offer:
Located in the heart of Melbourne’s CBD, and on a gathering place of significance to the peoples of the Kulin Nation, the new Koorie Heritage Trust opened at Federation Square in July 2015.
Surrounded by the largest collection of Koorie art and artefacts in Australia and overlooking the Birrarung (Yarra River) on one side and Federation Square on the other, our spaces promote and support the diversity of Aboriginal peoples of South East Australia and celebrates our strong and continuing contemporary culture grounded in a 60,000 year old history.
Located on the 1st and 3rd levels of the Yarra Building, and designed by one of Australia’s largest multi-award winning architectural and design firm, Lyons Architecture, in collaboration with Indigenous Architecture and Design Victoria, our for hire spaces provide a unique venue for your next meeting or other event including evening functions and launches. Our spaces can accommodate up to 150 standing guests in an immersive Aboriginal experience in a unique Koorie setting.
Our spaces are fully equipped with audio-visual technology and table and chairs that can be configured to your requirements. We also provide miscellaneous equipment if required including whiteboards, lecterns etc. We also provide support staff to assist you and can arrange catering including catering with an Indigenous flavour.
- Meeting room 1, Third Floor with access to balcony overlooking the Birrarung (up to 25 people seated)
- Meeting Room 2, Third Floor with access to balcony overlooking Federation Square (up to 20 people seated)
- Combined Meeting Rooms 1 and 2, Third Floor with access to balconies overlooking both the Birrarung and Federation Square (up to 50 people seated or 100 to 150 people standing)